Download the booklet from TroopLeaderHub
Print out the booklet. Cut the pages along the dotted line the in center of the page. Staple on the left side.
Meet with your troop and go through the booklet to meet the minimum requirements of the badge!
Suggestions for Using this Booklet
For this meeting you will need to choose a book to read to the troop. You can also play a readaloud video from Youtube.
Read a book to your troop. Here are some great suggestions to cover the topic of being Courageous and Strong. After watching, ask the girls to draw a picture of how the character was being courageous and strong. Here are some question prompts if the girls get stuck:
- Was the main character scared or frightened of anything? What did they end up doing about it?
- Was the character doing anything new?
- How did the character feel when they had to be strong/courageous? How would you have felt?
Page 2 is about how strength can be more than just physical strength. This is a little coloring sheet where the girls can color and talk about what it means for them to be strong. They can share as a group some times they had to show a different kind of strength.
Can the girls point out what is happening in each picture and why the child is showing courage? Clockwise from top left:
- Girl is showing bravery at getting a shot
- Girl is climbing high even if she is scared
- The boy is running to get help from a police officer instead of just standing by
- A girl is trying new food
- A girl is helping someone who needs it
Lastly, girls will write down how they will work on being courageous and strong in their every day lives.